Windows Initial Setup
- Double click on the Sethlans Installation executable file.
- Windows will prompt to make changes to the system.
- The default installation path is C:\Program Files\Sethlans
- Once the installation has completed you have the option to create a shortcut for all users or the current user.
- Start Sethlans via the Sethlans shortcut.
Linux Initial Setup
Depending on whether you will install Sethlans as a SERVER or NODE there are certain dependencies that should be installed in order for Sethlans to function properly.
The following dependencies are recommended for NODE and DUAL mode(for Blender to work properly):
If any version of Blender is already installed then the above dependencies should be present already on the system
The following dependencies are recommended for SERVER mode:
Sethlans already bundles a standalone version of ffmpeg
Download Sethlans using wget or similar command
$ wget https://github.com/dryad-naiad-software/sethlans/releases/download/v1.0.0-beta1/Sethlans-220.127.116.114.run
Mark downloaded file as executable
$ chmod +x Sethlans-18.104.22.1684.run
$ ./Sethlans-22.214.171.1244.run &
macOS Initial Setup
- Extract Sethlans DMG from downloaded zip file.
- Open Sethlans DMG.
- Copy Sethlans to Applications folder
- Double-click on Sethlans
- Acknowledge the unidentified developer notice
- Navigate to System Preferences > Security and Privacy
- Click on "Open Anyway"
- Navigate to Applications. Double-click on Sethlans
- Click Open
On Windows and macOS systems the Sethlans system tray icon provides a shortcut that automatically opens a browser to Sethlans.
- The initial port 7443 via HTTPS. For example via a browser, navigate to https://localhost:7443
- Once the Sethlans Setup Wizard appears you'll have the option to select a mode.
- SERVER - Creation of render projects, management of render queues, provides notifications for projects, manages nodes.
- NODE - Receives rendering tasks from the server, returns finished products back to the server.
- DUAL - Combination of a server and a node. Allows both the creation and management of render queues and the rendering of tasks.
- The wizard will then prompt you to create an admin account to manage Sethlans. SERVER mode will ask for an email address as it has the ability to send email notifications to users. This option is not available in NODE.
- Blender Binary Version:
- The wizard will prompt for an initial Blender version that will be distributed to nodes and associated with projects.
- Compute Method:
- If a node has a supported graphics card the options of GPU and CPU & GPU mode will be available. Default option is CPU.
- CPU Settings:
- Rendering Cores - The number of rendering cores available to Blender. In CPU & GPU mode the maximum number of cores is reduced by 1 which is reserved to better process GPU rendering requests.
- CPU Tile Size - Size of tiles used for CPU rendering.
- GPU Settings:
- The wizard will present detected and supported GPU devices present in the system. Multiple GPU's can be selected.
- GPU Tile Size - Size of tiles used for GPU rendering.
- Combine GPUs:
- Enabled - All selected GPU's are used during rendering of a single task.
- Disabled - Each GPU will be given a task to render individually.
- IP Address - Address that is used for communication between Sethlans.
- Port - Communication port used by Sethlans. Default 7443
- Sethlans URL - Used for email links and communications
- Sethlans Home Directory - All Sethlans data and projects will be stored here.
- Log Level - Configures Sethlans log level
- SMTP Server - Hostname or IP Address of mail server
- SMTP Port - Port used to send mail. Port 25, 465 or 587 are the most common.
- Reply To Address - Used to set to a invalid email address or a monitored mailbox.
- Use SSL - Use SSL/TLS encryption when connecting to mail server
- Enable STARTTLS - Upgrades plan text connections to encryption connections.
- Require STARTTLS - Requires the use of the STARTTLS command. If the server doesn't support the STARTTLS command the connection will not be established.
- Use SMTP AUthentication
- Enabled - Use a username and password to authentication to SMTP server.
- Disabled - Does not authenticate to SMTP server.
Summary and Completion
- Review the Summary Page and if satisfied click Finish.
- Settings will be implemented and Sethlans will restart. After 30 seconds the login page will be displayed.